August 27, 2007 —
The summer is winding down and kids are heading back to school! I'll be starting a new teaching job this year, and I'm looking forward to telling my students all about my involvement in the Five Moms Campaign. Over the summer, many groups concerned about cough medicine abuse in their areas took the problem into their own hands by holding town hall meetings and sharing information within their communities. And Blaise, Christy, Julie, Becky, and I are getting requests from parents and teachers who want to help educate their peers about how to prevent cough medicine abuse, too! There are many ways you can spread the word:
- Hand out brochures at a PTA meeting.
- Include information or brochures in your welcome folders.
- Talk to parents and teachers at back-to-school nights.
- Hand out Five Moms stickers and postcards to your fellow parents at sporting events.
- Show the Five Moms video at a teacher staff meeting.
And, please, let us know if you can think of any other ways to spread the word as kids go back to school.