Dextromethorphan (DXM) is a safe & effective ingredient
found in many over-the-counter (OTC) cough medicines,
but approximately one in 20 teens reports abusing
excessive amounts of DXM to get high.
We are five moms from different backgrounds who have come together with a common concern: teenagers abusing OTC cough medicine to get high.
Parents, we have the power to make a difference!
- Your Participation in National Medicine Abuse Awareness Month Matters
- Back to School: How to Curb Teen Peer Pressure and Risky Behaviors
- Mom 2 Mom: How to Start the Conversation about Medicine Abuse
- How to Help Your Teen Become a Positive Role Model
- Be the Ally and Not the Enemy: How to Openly Communicate with Your Teenager
- A Reminder to Safeguard Medicines During Cold and Flu Season