Dextromethorphan (DXM) is a safe & effective ingredient
found in many over-the-counter (OTC) cough medicines,
but approximately one in 30 teens reports abusing
excessive amounts of DXM to get high.
We are five moms from different backgrounds who have come together with a common concern: teenagers abusing OTC cough medicine to get high.
Parents, we have the power to make a difference!
- Not My Teen: Teens Influenced By Misconceptions of Their Peers
- Lead the Charge in Your Community to Stop Teen Medicine Abuse
- The Power of the Movement: Preventing Youth Substance Abuse
- Three Activities to Steer Your Teen Clear of Risky Behaviors This Summer
- Teaching Our Teens Well: Self-Esteem vs. Self-Kindness
- Safeguarding Your OTC Medicines that Contain DXM