Dextromethorphan (DXM) is a safe & effective ingredient
found in many over-the-counter (OTC) cough medicines,
but approximately one in 30 teens reports abusing
excessive amounts of DXM to get high.
We are five moms from different backgrounds who have come together with a common concern: teenagers abusing OTC cough medicine to get high.
Parents, we have the power to make a difference!
- Not My Teen: Peers Influence Adolescent Risk-Taking
- Lead the Charge in Your Community to Stop Teen Medicine Abuse
- The Power of the Movement: Preventing Youth Substance Abuse
- Three Activities to Steer Your Teen Clear of Risky Behaviors This Summer
- How to Best Talk to Your Teen about Sensitive Issues
- Safeguarding Your OTC Medicines that Contain DXM