Town Finds That Involvement Keeps Teens Off Drugs
According to the Mohave Daily News, one quarter of all eighth, 10th, and 12th graders in Mohave County, Arizona, have abused prescription and over-the-counter drugs. To address these problems, Mohave County created a drug education and prevention program to help parents talk to their children about drug and alcohol abuse. Here are several tips for parents to keep their kids from abusing medicines:
- Become educated on the dangers of prescription and OTC drug abuse.
- Communicate with your children on those dangers.
- Safeguard your medicine cabinet.
- Be a parent and not a friend.
- Set clear boundaries and monitor children closely.